04 November 2016

CVS Game



I'm back in the game ya'll!  Back in the day when Dave and I were newlyweds and had just bought our first house, I started playing the CVS coupon game.  I was able to stock up so much that I remember coming back a year later after moving back to New Mexico and Dave still had not had to buy toilet paper!

I haven't played in a very long time because coupling takes time. Recently, I came across this great Youtube channel and it seriously inspired me to jump back in. Right now I'm only dealing with CVS, I haven't bothered to begin planning for other shopping trips.

Jumping back in hasn't been with out flaws. Last week I watched Toni's video spent Friday night printing and clipping coupons, made my list, thought I had a plan, and then woke up Saturday morning ready to go. Something didn't work just right because I ended up spending about $120 out of pocket. I did save like $50 and the good news is I earned $15 in Extra Care Bucks (ECB). So this week I was resolved to not make that mistake again because who has time to be dropping Benjamins at CVS every week? Ain't nobody got time for that.

So Sunday morning I woke up and Toni had already posted her video for the week. She's seriously like the patron saint of the CVS game.  So I watched and made notes. Later that day I picked up the paper and clipped the coupons from the Sunday circular, went online and printed out the other's she mentioned, wrote out my plan, and created a spreadsheet to track my actual oop versus what ECB and coupons would cover.

So today I went in and I did it!  Here's what I bought for the week of 10/30:

Scope by Crest mouthwash - $4.79
Coupon - $1.00 off
Total - $3.79

Scope by Crest mouthwash - $4.79
Coupon - $.50 off
Total - $4.29

$2 off $6 mouthwash purchase

Total - $6.08

Earned - $6 ECB

Maybelline Cosmetics
Liquid Foundation - $7.99
Coupon - $1.00
Total - $6.99

Stick Foundation - $8.99

Total - $15.98

Earned - $5 ECB

CVS Vitamins B0G0 Free
Vitamin D - $8.99
Biotin - Free

Duo Fusion - $9.95
Coupon - $10.00
Manufacturer Coupon - $5.00

Total - -$5.05

Used Coupons- 2 - $10 off $40 (CVS coupon sent to my card)
1-$5 Extra Care Bucks

Total with tax - $1.69

Earned - $11 Extra Care Bucks + $5 Beauty Bucks

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...