2015


I haven't been writing much lately.  I've actually been in my own little corner doing my own little thing.  This week I'm entering into a reflection mode as we prepare for the new year, so I wanted to share a bit of those reflections as they come to me.

Last December I created this map for areas concerning my financial goals.  When I saw this post in my "On This Day" review, I paused to express gratitude that God is often working on our prayers and making things happen even if we don't realize it.

1. Give - I wanted 2015 to be a year of giving.  I was so excited and grateful to be able to participate in our church's building campaign (not that kind of building fund) to build a new auditorium for our children's ministry.  By the grace of God I was able to stretch and give more and see the new auditorium actually be built.

2. Debt free- Debt sucks. So I sat out this year to get busy busting it.  I paid off more debt in 2015 than I could have imagined. Seriously, I'm not sure how I did it. All I can say is the Dave Ramsey debt snowball really does work.

3. Buy the new house - check.  An answered prayer all in my prayer journal.

4. Save - I saved this year, then bought a new house, so I'm setting to save out even more in 2016.

5. Be - just be.  I have everything I need. Life is beautiful. I am at peace.  2015 was a great year of no expectations and full of the opportunity to just be.



2 comments :

  1. I want to learn more about this snowball debt thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have an old post about the book here - http://www.myvirtuoushome.com/2012/01/tuesdays-thoughts.html.

      Basically you get laser focused on eliminating your debt by starting with the smallest debt first, paying it off, then throwing the money you would have use to pay that bill at the next debt and so on and so on.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...