30 September 2014

Breathe


Good morning!  Today is the day for us to begin our new study together and to take some time to Breathe.  I first have to pause and say thank you.  Thank you for responding when I call (or post) saying I'm starting a new Bible study and asking if you would like to join me.  I don't take sharing this space with you lightly.

Now, I strongly feel the need to give a disclaimer.  You all are mighty women leading your amazing lives.  I don't proclaim to be a Bible expert or to have it all together.  In fact, I am sitting here at 11pm the night before the study begins writing this post to you in my bed with a pile of clothes waiting to be folded at the foot of it.  I get it. Life is full and in our going sometimes we need to be reminded to Breathe.

Breathe.

I am just crazy in love with Jesus and chasing after Him on a daily basis.  Sometimes the busyness of life tries to make me lose sight of who I am chasing after, but at the end of the day He is always there.  That's why I want to share this space with you.  So we can chase after Him together and learn to create the space for Him in our lives.

We are here for no other reason than that.  To chase Him and fellowship together.  I believe in having fun in the Word....and I hope you will share that with me.  This study only works unless you create the space to make time for it.  To check in with us. To share what God is planting on your heart. To pray with each other.  Please commit to that with me.

Our Facebook group is the hub of all of our discussion.  You can check it on your time but you have to make room in your day to commit to checking in.  All of us in the group are each other's accountability partners.   Each week we will do the reading, watch the video lesson on our own, and come back and discuss.  I am currently reserving Monday evenings at 7pm MST, 9pm EST for our check-in call (tentatively). We will finalize this detail once we get an idea of each other's time.

Most importantly. I am praying for you and have been praying for you all month.  This is our space and our time together. I cherish it and I am expecting God to do what you need Him to do in Your life during this season.

The Study:

Breathe by Priscilla Shirer  - available here.  Weekly video downloads available for purchase here.

FAQs: 

Do I need to be experienced in bible study to join this group? 
Absolutely not! We are all coming to this with different levels of Bible knowledge which makes our group so unique.  You'll be blessed by being a part of the group. 
Is there any cost to join? 
There is no cost to join except the cost of your member book and video downloads.  However, if purchasing the book or the downloads is a burden on you financially, please let me know.
What if I can't join every week? 
Totally fine! Join when you can, and we'll miss you when you can't! Just be sure to make some time to connect with us in our Facebook group.
How will we meet? 
We will meet daily in our Facebook group.  A Monday night weekly call is tentatively scheduled.
What if my kids are around when we meet on the phone? 
Join the club. Mine will be too.
Do I need to do anything before the 1st meeing? 
All you need to do is order your member book and join our facebook group. 
Anything else I need to know?
This study is for you.  Commit to it. Create margin for it.  Interact with us.  Be blessed.

Here we go!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...