#year30


Last weekend while visiting the East Coast I hosted a celebration brunch for all my girlfriends who have become sisters over the past decade. From April to August we all turn 30 and I couldn't think of any other way I would want to celebrate than with them.

My dear friend Les is a phenomenal cook. I'm not exaggerating. Like if I had a million dollars I would beg her to allow me to open up a restaurant in Manhattan for her. She's that kind of amazing. I was originally planning to host the brunch at a restaurant in Baltimore but as I started thinking about it,  I hated the idea of us getting together for a few hours and then having to leave right away. So I asked Les if she'd cook and have it at her house and like the friend she is she said "of course."

Her menu planning was on point.


The actual food. To die for. Like - I literally snatched the last crab cake out of Yvonne's hand.


I don't think anyone can truly understand what friendship with these ladies means to me. I've always said my friends after college know me as who I am now, but these girls, they know me from the days of rocking a fuzzy pink Kangol hat and pink Lugz boots. They KNOW me.


I'm just so honored to be aligned with such amazing women. Educators, corporate America, law, nursing, on and on and on. These women are amazing.

My roommate from senior year came from New York. Thanks Katie! I haven't seen her since graduation. She reminded me in the cards we wrote for each other that we met in an elevator headed to Sociology and I commented on her earrings. She brought me a pair from Canal street the next time she went home and that's how our friendship kicked off.


We don't talk every day,  I live 2,000 miles away, but when we get together it's like we've never skipped a beat. We have the cutest babies now in our clan, relationships have come and gone, and we've still stuck around.





I even met one of my Scentsy sisters and her precious baby bug Laila! We've been sharing this journey for the past two years and finally got the chance to hug! Thanks for stopping by Tamara!


Just reflecting on the day and the past decade with these ladies makes my heart overflow with gratitude. Life is meant to be shared and lived and loved. Thank you ladies for doing it with me.

Thirty is here!  Cheers to the best years of our lives! 








No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...