28 July 2014

His Correction


I get moved by emotions.  It is true.  Despite my daily desire to seek God about everything concerning my life, I am still moved by my emotions.  It is not very pretty.  

It usually looks like this:

A situation I am praying about doesn't turn out the way I desire for it to turn out.  In fact, something happens or is said that causes me to be extremely upset and not hold my tongue.  In the past few weeks and months it has shown up by me sending a stream of texts letting out how I really feel about a situation.  Emotions. Moved.

One of the best things about having a relationship with God and really listening for His voice is that just like we do in our relationships, He will show you yourself.  He is not impressed with my emotional reactions that come from places of hurt and fear because He is in control.  So He shows me myself.  He teaches me through His word and His whispers that it is better to drop a matter before a dispute breaks out (Proverbs 17:14).

The other morning after being totally moved by emotions, I felt Him wake me early in the morning and ask me if I was ready to learn the lesson of it all.  To stop being moved by my emotions and to stand on what I know to be true.  It is easy to be moved by our emotions.  To want to prove our point. Defend our case.  It is all pointless though because in the end...God is still in control.  I am so ready to stand on His truth. To know He allows everything to happen in my life and is working all things for my good.  I want to be moved by that truth today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...