05 May 2014

My favorite banana "ice cream"


I LOVE ice cream. What it does to the pooch on my stomach, not so much.

So I've started making a great alternative, which I actually happen to think is so good it's now my first choice ::say bye bye second place::.

You know those ugly bananas that are starting to darken on the peel? That's actually when bananas are most nutrient packed. I can't eat just a banana. Yuck. I love banana flavored treats though. Those dark bananas are perfect for banana bread and ice cream!

Whenever we have bananas getting dark - I'm purposely not saying going bad - I peel them, put them in a ziplock bag, and stick them in the freezer. When I am ready for ice cream, I take two bananas, a splash of almond milk, a dab of vanilla extract, and a squirt of honey. Blend blend blend.

Once all smooth and creamy you can eat as is or have fun and add a few choice toppings. My favorite pictured here are roasted walnuts and some melted speculoos cookie butter from TJ's.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...