Don't skimp


4:30am. Alarm sounds. Press snooze. Grab my phone. Skim Instagram. Check Facebook. Oh no! It's 5:15. I still need to have quiet time and workout. Pry myself out of bed. Workout. Hope Munchkin isn't awake yet so I can have coffee with Christ. Skim Instagram again.

Does your morning at all sound like mine?

No matter how much I value my quiet time of journaling and connecting with God, the noise of this world seems to woo me.  This is why I'm focusing on being more disciplined this year.

Priorities.

So yesterday's Jesus calling entry was perfect.   "This sacrifice of time pleases Me and strengthens you. Do not skimp on our time together". Boom boom blat. Yes like that. If I could meet Sarah Young I would give her a big hug, because her gift with words and communicating His love for us is surreal.

So when I woke up this morning and immediately got into a Facebook conversation about Gabrielle Union and Dwayne Wade, I checked myself. I NEEDED to be talking to God and not about them. 

Check myself.

Our time with God pleases Him. You know when you're in a relationship and you love someone so much, there's no greater feeling than to know you please them by being in their presence. It's almost impossible to assign a feeling to it. 

I have long known I desperately need His presence, but knowing that my needing Him pleases Him is indescribable.

I'm working to prioritize my time better. To steady my gaze on the things that are important.

To please Him.

Look to The Lord and all His strength; seek His face always. Psalm 105:4







2 comments :

  1. Good morning Niecy ♡ I just wanted to show some BLM Girls love. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ms. J! Thank you so much for showing some love! Have a blessed day!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...