One Little Word - 2014

 
For the past 3 years, I have created a theme word to live by for that year.  My theme word for 2010 was Encore 2010, 2011 was Increase 2011, 2012 and 2013 were both Glory.  My word is a little secret written on my heart of what I am expecting God to do in my life for that year.  They all hold significance.
 
In 2010,  I was desperate for God to do some things in my life again that He had done before.  I had just left Baltimore and moved home with my 18-month old son.  I left everything I had, including my house and job, in Baltimore.  So when the new year came, I had to have God do some things in my life that He had done - like blessing me with a fantastic job, a new home, and the ability to provide for my son. 
 
In 2011, I prayed for increase.  God had kept me miraculously through 2010, but it wasn't easy.  I faced some of my most challenging days during that year.  I was so grateful that He kept me, but I wanted an increase in the next year.  Increase in my faith.  Increase in my influence. Increase in my mothering. Increase in my finances. Increases across the board in my life.
 
After asking God to give me an encore in 2010 and provide increase in 2011, I wanted to make sure His glory was seen because it was certainly only by His hand that I made it through those two years and that the doors that opened wide for me were even there. For the past two years His glory has revealed itself in every area of my life.  While He has remained completely faithful and steady to me, I cannot say I have done the same in return.
 
As I reflected over my journey the past few years and just how good He has been to me, when I tell you I don't look like what I've been through, don't try to figure it out, just believe me.  So in 2014, my one little word is all about being disciplined.  Practicing discipline in my faith. Discipline in my thoughts. Discipline in my talk. Discipline in my actions. Discipline in my finances. Discipline in my fitness. Discipline in my motherhood. Discipline. Period.
 
I am excited to write this (not-so) secret on my heart and commit to it.
 
Do you set an intention for the new year?  What is your one little word?
 

 


4 comments :

  1. What an awesome testimony! I love the thought and care that you put into your word. Thank you for choosing to share this year - you have blessed me through this and I know you'll bless others. I look forward to connecting with you more throughout the year as we share how we are continuing to focus on our individual words. Blessings to you and yours, Diva!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle! I am so excited to be connected with you! Many many blessings to you! Hugs, N

      Delete
  2. I LOVE your word and I LOVE this testimony! Discipline is something that I think we all need in our lives...in all aspects. I feel that there are times when I can use more discipline and I love that you have spoken your desire for it in your life. Stopping in from Michelle's link up. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by. This first month of practicing discipline has been amazing. I am excited for what this year will bring!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...