04 November 2013

Food Diaries

Do you love food as much as me? I seriously think about food all the time.

This past week, the weekend is a different story, I ate considerably well. Focusing on whole foods.

This salad was delicious. Leafy romaine lettuce, roasted chicken, tomatoes, turkey bacon, boiled egg. Yum.

One of the great things about social media is you get to share so much and learn new things even when you're not really looking for them. An acquaintance from college shot an instavideo on how he makes mini quiches. I made my own modifications and came up with this.

Ground turkey (cooked), egg whites, bell pepper, plum tomatoes. Yum. 

I also enjoy the simplest of things like homemade oatmeal with cinnamon, apples, and dried cranberries. Yum yum.


I finished the week, or started, with some comfort food. Cajun shrimp and grits. I honestly just threw this together with whatever I had and it was delish. 

I sautéed turkey bacon, onions and bell pepper in olive oil, then reduced some white wine and added the shrimp. Seasoned with a little Cajun seasoning. Grits with sharp cheddar cheese. Yum yum yum! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...