Being Right vs Being Peace

I know alot of stuff. Alot of random stuff too. I am a life long learner. I never feel like I can have enough information, enough wisdom, enough knowledge. I seek it. I read about it. I listen to it. I want to know.

I also feel. I feel what is right. I feel what is acceptable. I tune into my intuition.

This can be a problem because it can be perceived as trying to know it all.

Plus...I'm strong in my convictions.

I used to always feel the need to voice my opinion, to stand on what I knew was right, and to make sure other's knew they were wrong. All that has brought was arguments, resentment, and bitterness.

So in this new chapter I have learned to surrender. That I don't always have to prove how right I am. Believing and standing in my convictions is enough. The truth, the right, always finds away of revealing itself. She's bold like that.

So today and every day I work to choose to give up my desire to be right so that I can embrace my need to have peace. 

In every area of my life.


2 comments :

  1. Wow you wrote this just for me! I never want to be seen as a know it all but hate to be thought of as not knowing (if that makes sense) I've just learned to let go of opinions over trivial things but always looking for more info and more research.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Candace! You're so right. Letting go of trivial things so we can stand for the more important things. It can be so hard though!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...