My Simple Abundance


Today feels like a good day to write about the things I am currently most grateful for.  I've talked about the book "Simple Abundance" that first gave me the idea to begin sharing my simple abundance on my blog.  I'm currently typing this while watching Oprah's Soul Series on OWN, and she's talking to Sarah about how she lost it all.  It appears that many of the greats have hit rock bottom at some point.

I am feeling overwhelmed right now.  There are a lot of things going on in my life right now and at some times I feel like I'm just barely keeping my head above water.  I've been suffering with a migraine over the past 15 hours, and I woke up feeling extremely needy.  I realized I could spend the rest of today totally feeling sorry for myself, or I could think about all the great things that are surrounding me in my life right now.

1. Today I am grateful for my life.  In its majesty.  In its difficult times.  I am grateful for the life God has chosen me to live.

2.  I am grateful for my child.  I know every parent believes their child is the greatest, and they should, but I honestly know without a shadow of a doubt that my child is exceptional.  When I got home last Sunday, he told me a kid was pushing his head into the bus window on the way to the swimming pool.  I asked him what he did and where the camp counselors were at.  He told me the camp counselors sit at the back of the bus and that the bus driver doesn't let them look over the back of the seats.  On Monday, I talked to the head of the camp and her advise to my Munchkin was that he sit on the aisle seat so that the kid couldn't do that again and that he tell the camp counselors right away if that happens again.  Being the protective mama bear that I am, I told him that if that kid does it again, to punch him in the face.  That night, I was telling my parents what happened and my dad told Munchkin to just punch the kid in the face anyways so he knows not to mess with him.  Two days later, after really thinking about it, he told me: "Mom, I know grandpa wants me to punch the kid, but I really don't want to.  If I punch him, I'll get in trouble, so I'd rather him just not hang out with me".  I was so proud of him and he definitely spent time thinking about the consequences and solutions to the problem.

3. I am grateful for the love that is in my life.  I cannot explain how it happened - but I am so glad it did.  He brings me so much joy, peace, comfort, happiness, fulfillment....so many things.  I am so grateful for him and the man he is.  I thank God for preparing the man that he is.

4. I am grateful for the Scentsy Family opportunity that I've been graced with, the amazing women and men I get to share the opportunity with, and my customers who have become like friends and family.  Yesterday I got to sit with one of my customers who has cerebral palsy and is wheelchair bound due to a surgery on her foot that she had to have, we talked, laughed, and prayed together.

5. I am grateful.  Just grateful.  Without attaching any specific, quantifiable thing to it. I just want to live a life full of gratitude.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...