Don't fret or worry

I'm learning to trust myself in love again. I was so enriched by the first devotional of our summer study last night. I woke up this morning excited in prayer about the fruit ripening summer I'm in! Then it happened....again. Fret. Worry. Doubt. Fear. All the things that love is not....so I easily recognized them for what they were - the enemy - and started to surrender them.

At some point I texted my girlfriend and said I'm having an insecure moment. My resolve to surrender wasn't working too well. I tried surrendering on my drive to work and decided the only way to cast out fear was to stand in love. So I did and my fretting and worrying took a back seat.

When I got home I just wanted to pray because what had transpired for my morning time with Christ this morning was totally different than the thoughts I was having just before stepping in my morning shower and for the rest of the day.

I started searching for everything about the mind and thoughts. Blessed assurance. Thank God for His Word. I found some true gems and The Message version of Phillipians 4:6-7 brought me so much peace tonight.




No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...