Is that lady intuition?

I just came off of an amazing week in Baltimore...more on that later I promise...but I'm struggling tonight with trying to discern whether lady intuition is trying to whisper caution to me or if my head is trying to fill with self doubt for no reason at all other than it would love for me to sabotage a good thing I have going on.

I believe I'm generally really good at discerning the whispers but this time I'm not trusting myself.  It is because I have finally opened my heart again to experiencing love, and I feel like now it's just waiting to be hurt. Shhhhhh.......I won't speak that.

I have had these moments before and as I surrender them God He has shown me....rather completely engaged me....to let me know His plans are going according to plan.  So tonight I really need to get out of my head and just trust God that as I surrender...He will.

I have since realized that in order to have a great love...you have to be willing to take a great risk.  Right now....I am more than willing.

This post reminds me of a poem by one of my favorite artists I recently discovered.  She's a bad....bad girl!

I’m never gonna wait
that extra twenty minutes
to text you back,
and I’m never gonna play
hard to get
when I know your life
has been hard enough already.
When we all know everyone’s life
has been hard enough already
it’s hard to watch
the game we make of love,
like everyone’s playing checkers
with their scars,
saying checkmate
whenever they get out
without a broken heart.
Just to be clear
I don’t want to get out
without a broken heart.
I intend to leave this life
so shattered
there’s gonna have to be
a thousand separate heavens
for all of my flying parts.
 Andrea Gibson

Damn.  I'm going in. For as long as I can. For as hard as I can. Until and if lady intuition says no more.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...