Thirsty

I woke up this morning thinking about the thirst in the world.  You know...that's a common phrase in our explaining things now-a-days.  We say "the thirst out here is real" and "they are so thirsty".  We use these phrases to describe people who are seeking attention in one form or another.  Generally from the opposite sex. 

It also made me start thinking about what we get from social media besides just sharing.  Are we validating ourselves by the number of "likes" we get, or is God able to use us to inspire others and spread His light. To learn from others and to share in a new and powerful way?

There are definitely times where I have had to check myself and ask "Niecy, why are you sharing this?  Does it benefit you or anyone else or are you just seeking attention?

While I was standing in my bathroom twisting my hair...I started to think about this song from CeCe Winans that I used to worship to all the time. 


It is ok to be thirsty...the Bible tells us to be thirsty.  The problem is...we have allowed our thirst to be for things in this fickle world.   Matthew 5:6 says:

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for God's approval. They will be satisfied.

Are you thirsty for approval?  Yes....I know am.  Whose approval are you thirsty for?  Seriously examine yourself and answer this honestly.    If you're seeking approval from any person, anything here on earth, listen to the video above.  Worship God and ask Him to fill your heart and to quench your thirst.

As the deer pants for streams of water,
so my soul pants for you, my God. 
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. 
When can I go and meet with God?
 I love this scripture from Psalm 42: 1-2.  I have certainly posted on my different social media pages from time to time that I need to go meet with my God.  When I don't, I get in these funks.  I get moody.  I get cranky.  I miss my God.  There is truly no love like His.  He is the Greatest Love I've ever known.  Now I'm not about to sit over here at The Virtuous Home and act like I'm always running to God.  I certainly have and continue to at times put my hope in man.  I have and still continue at times to thirst for human desires, and to receive attention from people.   I also know that even when I do get that attention, there is still something missing.  My desire, my thirst, is not quenched until I find myself running back to Him.  Jesus even says so:

Jesus said, “Everyone who drinks this water will get thirsty again and again. Anyone who drinks the water I give will never thirst—not ever. The water I give will be an artesian spring within, gushing fountains of endless life.” John 4:13-14
It's ok to be thirsty.  Just check yourself and make sure your thirst is in Him and not him.






4 comments :

  1. Let the church say: AMEN!!!!! I lovvvve this post & Yessss the thirst is REAL! I'm thirsty to hear a word from GOD & to be in his presence! I too have to check myself... Thanks again for sharing!

    Xoxo
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think you did the right thing by stepping away from social media last week. Sometimes unplugging can help us remember why we do what we do.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...