15 December 2012

Busy....so what?

I am busy. Like way too busy.  Ever since I started my new job, I've been way to busy to work-out.  So I had convinced myself.  My day starts around 5:30 getting ready for the day, Munchkin up by 6:30, dressed, and out the door by 7:15.  I generally don't walk back in the door at home until 7 - 7:30ish every day.  By the time I do get home, I just want to hang with Munchkin for an hour or so before his bedtime.  Who has time to work out then?

I have never been one to worry about my weight.  Being 6'0 tall, athletic, and naturally slim I've never had to.  I'm still not worried about my weight, but I don't like not being active.  I was on such a runners high this summer.  I like seeing what my body can do.  I like pushing my mind to go just a little further than my body wants to.  So this slump I've been in has had me down a bit.  I just want to be the best I can be all around.

So this week I consistently woke up at 4:45 am to do yoga.    Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown to be exact.  Can I just say - this girl is crazy - but I love it! There is nothing "zen" about this yoga.  J.M. gives me work.


My body has been so happy and responding so well.  Then today, I woke up and the first thing on my mind was go run.  So I headed out to one of my favorite trails and did a quick 3 mile run.  I feel so good.

So do you feel too busy to work out?  What are your challenges?  Are you like me where some mornings that down comforter is just too cozy to budge?  

I'm actually thinking of joining a gym...gasp...for the first time in like 5 years.  I actually hate gyms. They feel so gymy but running outside at 4:45 am in December is for the birds.  My run this morning let me know I definitely need to get some more cardio in...so I think it's my only option right now.

I'll keep you posted.

My friend Sharonda and I are doing a weekly check-in on Facebook to hold each other accountable.  Do you need an accountability partner?  I need about 5 or 6 so let me know and I'll check in with you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...