03 August 2012

Friday Files

Have you been enjoying the Olympic games? Oh my - what an exciting week it has been cheering on the USA.  I am so happy for Michael Phelps, and since I lived in Baltimore for 3 years and own a house there, I feel hometown proud. Gabby Douglas - so proud of her. She's going to do amazing things because she gets how this works. Give God the glory first, everything else falls into place. Missy Franklin and her beautiful smile.  Ryan Lochte - yummy.  Kerri and Misty - straight up beasts.  It has been so exciting to watch these true champions!  I just finished watching the women's 10,000 meter race - um...yeah.  Dear Dibaba, where in the world do you get a kick to finish the race like that? Did you all see her? As soon as the last lap bell rang - she took off as the race had just started and she hadn't just ran 24 laps!

All this excitement had me in deep reflection mode about just how great life really is.  My mom, in all her amazingness, has binders and binders of pictures and news paper clippings for every year I played in college.  My Throwback Thursday post on Instragram paid homage to my D1 volleyball career.

 

 I thought it was kind of fun, and since social media has blown up since I played in college, many people don't know this part of my story. It was exciting to share with friends and for the old ones who remember these days and the new ones who had no clue that I really played volleyball. Like at a high level.

On Monday, I barely made it out of bed. I was still hungover on excitement from Vegas I guess.  I forced myself up and went for a 3 mile run.  I'm so glad I did because on my way home God met me saying good morning. It was breathtaking.


That made getting up out of bed so worth it.  You've seen my posts from earlier this week about how crazy busy I was.  Working, moving. Oh glory to life.  My parents are in Hawaii this week, so Munchkin and I stole my moms QT convertible bug and took a joy ride. How could he sleep through this?

  

Well at least I sure enjoyed it! All in all it was a very productive week. I'm grateful for that.  Here's my address for at least the next 6 months.  I'm really getting the chance to find joy in the journey. Get ready for plenty of updates about this.  I post this mailbox because I'm learning very quickly, sometimes what we look at as a set back is truly a set up, and if you'll just take your hands off of it, God can work His masterplan. I'd much rather trust His plan than my own.

 So did I tell you I won Scentsy Family Convention Socialite in Vegas last week? With that honor came a sweet new iPad!  Look how cool Scentsy's social media team is. Here's how the box arrived.  I later learned on Twitter they expected the shipping department to change out the box, but I thought the message made it extra special!


Wow - I have more Friday Files than you probably care to go through, so I'm sure I'll find another post to use the remaining photos.  Last, but not least. Today is my sissy poo's birthday! I love her so much.  God blessed me with an awesome sister, friend, auntie to my son, and business partner! I love her so much. As soon as Munchkin wakes up I'm going to head to World Market to grab her some special wine and hang out a bit.  As you can tell, we've been party rocking together our entire life!


I hope you had an awesome week and have an amazing, relaxing weekend!

Necklace: JC Penny Top: Target

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...