Mommy Confessions - Those Books Lie!

Good Saturday morning! I'm joining the Browsing Brunette for a link up party about true Mommy Confessions and as soon as I saw the topic I knew what I would write about.

First, let me say - I love being a mommy.  I love my child and think he is the greatest gift in the world. I'm so obsessed with him that people think I have four kids as much as I talk about my one. 

Now - for today's post.  I have always said one day I am going to write a book about the real side of becoming a mommy.  I LOVED being pregnant, and I read every book out there about what to expect while I was expecting, how to be a fabulous mom, yadi yadi ya!  Then he came. He was amazing. He didn't sleep. He was always hungry. I wasn't producing enough milk. He wasn't pooping....and those books went out the window!

Where was the talk about how exhausted I would be? Where were the real stories.

Yes, I woke up and realized I had fallen asleep while breastfeeding my son and he had slipped.
Yes, I know what it is like to have to stimulate your baby to poop and getting poop squirted all over you after your mother and mother-in-law just left.

Yeah - why didn't they tell me to expect that?  Oh the joys. I loved every minute of it because he was my first.  When people ask me if I will have more kids - I honestly don't know.  I think part of me was able to go through all of this because he was my first, and when its your first you just do. I don't know if I can do that again.

My little bambino 4 years ago!


What do others say?




6 comments :

  1. I did a post like this a few days ago...ten things no book or person ever told you about being a parent. I agree with you though. Addie is two and I have baby fever like crazy right now...but I just dont know if I could ever do it again. Her birth was traumatic for me and knowing now what I didnt know then about my body...I just dont know that I could handle it. I am a stay at home mom and she drives me up the wall...I know if I put my mind to it, I could add another one into the mix..the question is whether or not I really WANT to. hmmmm....

    xoxo

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Ashley! I'll have to go back and read your ten things. Like really - those books give all the glamour none of the horror. I'm certain you can do when the timing is right! Baby fever oh my!

      Delete
  2. Ladies I have two kids 22 months apart, If I can do it anyone can!! You adapt! The first couple months are crazy but go by fast!! Thanks so much for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting the link up! I have heard having them closer together gets you through the baby phase more sane! Mine is 4 now and with no hubby in site - I don't think we'll be having another brother or sister for quite some time! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I am a new mom and I always try to be be honest. Every day isn't going to be a great day. I always wonder why we don't talk about the hard times so we can be a better support system for each other. Even with birth- I would share some parts and people would say "yeah me too". Why didn't you give me a heads up? I would have liked to know so much more than "it hurts". I think some women are so afraid that they will be judged for being real. Therefore, we won't admit anything until someone else is brave enough to go first. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! You are so right on. We definitely can keep it real over here! Motherhood is the greatest experience but we have to be honest, like you said, every day brings its own set of challenges. Still wouldn't trade it for the world!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...