Just Bumping Around Town

This weekend I attended the new exhibit opening at the African American Performing Arts Center: Working on the Rails.

It is a beautiful exhibit and I was so glad to see members of the community come out to the opening reception.  The exhibit is a must see - detailing much of the history of African American's dedication in building a successful railroad industry. Some of the information will astound you.

Here are a few photos from the evening:


In Baltimore, much of my work focused on social justice issues.  As I built my consulting firm here in Albuquerque, much of my work has been focused on the arts, and I'm so grateful to learn more about the arts. I'm fascinated really.

I hope you all had a great weekend and maybe, just maybe, enjoyed some art!

2 comments :

  1. This actually looks like a really interesting exhibit. I haven't been to the Performing Arts Center. This is a good excuse to go check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be awesome! It is a small center compared to some of the others with very humble beginnings, but we are trying! I found the history told throughout the exhibit just fascinating. Please let me know if you do go!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...