14 March 2012

Your Struggle is Fit For Your Shoulders

At many Scentsy events, Orville Thompson the owner of Scentsy, often talks about a theory of pointing arrows out. This concept looks at what you can do to serve others, not focusing on what will serve you. I love this concept, because in direct sales, you become successful by first helping those around you reach their dreams. You cannot make it in this business with arrows only pointing at yourself - bottom line.

To say the past few months have been stressful for me would be an understatement. Life has been straight up hard. Period. I now know what James was talking about when he said:

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.


That I have. My joy level has not changed - even through these trials. Life is still good. Even when it is hard. There are smiles to still share and others to encourage. I know that I am being fortified. But still.....when times are hard sometimes it is hard to keep the arrows pointing out. Sometimes, all arrows are pointing towards me as I get so consumed with what is going on in my own life. Sometimes....well.....I just want someone to come and save me!

So the next book on my reading list was 29 Gifts, How a month of Giving Can Change Your Life by Cami Walker. It just so happens that this book was on my check-out list at this time where everything is so thick and I'm just simply praying for clarity.



At first I thought, here's another book about law of attraction that doens't work. Right? Although something happened when I started reading this book. I was happy about others pointing their arrows out.

I haven't gotten to the point where I'm sold on the challenge and committing my next 29 days to giving a gift, but God does have something up his sleeve. Our relationship is funny that way. Just this week one friend who has been waiting for a major turn around in her business called and told me she just sold it, money is flowing in and she feels a major weight is lifted. When she first said "call me" I asked "is it good or bad" because at that time I couldn't bear anyone else's bad news....I was dealing with enough of my own issues. So, when she told me it was good - I was able to focus my arrows out and celebrate with her. Then, in more of God's true fashion - a close friend calls to tell me how amazing everything in going for her career and how she's launching out into mainstream very soon. I needed to celebrate with her. At this point I'm like ok God - I get it. Arrows out, arrows out. Another friend emails me today with a testimony about how she just landed her dream job! I haven't responded yet because I want to take the time and fully read her email, take in her testimony and thank God with her for it.

I say this to say - life can get hard. I'm living proof of that. You just have to take the hard times in stride and realize your struggle is fit for your shoulders. Even when it's hard - don't focus all your arrows in. Give, give and give some more. Of yourself, of your time, of your praise. Celebrate those whose season it is to celebrate and know, without a shadow of a doubt, that your season of celebration WILL come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...