Wednesday's with Friends

Many great and wonderful things come out of the work I do. One of the things I am most grateful for are the friendships that bud and then bloom through our daily interactions.

For almost a year now, I have been traveling to Santa Fe to do work for the New Mexico Centennial Foundation. Santa Fe is a beautiful place in and of itself. Rich in art and culture, being there provides a magnitude of beauty not seen any place else. I'm sure you have heard of many movie stars visiting and even choosing to live in the hills of our capital city. It is the oldest capital in the United States.

It is also full of great food. If you've seen me recently my hips will attest to that. Over the past year I have consumed such great food. My life and my hips are grateful.

So back to that friend part. Me and a couple of friends have been lunchin' it up around Santa Fe on Wednesdays for quite some time, and I just got the idea that we are experiencing too much great food for me not to write about. So I'll start now - and I think we're just going to have to revisit some of our favorite places so that I can recapture the experience just for you here.

So - we'll start with this past Wednesday. My friend Sarah asked if I had a craving for something and I did - I wanted some New Mexican food. I've been craving the green! Her family are regulars at a Santa Fe staple - Tomasitas. This was my first time there and let me tell you, it did not disappoint.

I had a combo plate with a Chile Relleno with green chile, a blue corn chicken enchilada with red chile, beef taco, refried beans and spanish rice. The plate was clean except for the beef taco. Not because I didn't want it but because by the time I finished scarfing down everything else I literally had no room to put anything else in my stomach.

Until -




Visiting Ellie's YoBerri is a must! This picture is actually from a few weeks back which was a combo of pomegranate and classic with chocolate chips and caramel sauce. This week I actually had a mix of cappuccino and classic with my usual chocolate chips and caramel sauce. Yum.

So, when in Santa Fe - I highly recommend visiting Tomasita's and YoBerri on Guadalupe Street!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...