23 March 2012

Upright Roasted Chicken

About a month ago one of my favorite stores - Cost Plus World Market - had an upright chicken roaster in their circular. Later that week I went to the WM on my side of town and they didn't have any. I had them look all over the store. Nothing. I was so let down.



I left the store and was seriously disappointed. I had already told my Granny about it, gotten her advice on what to do with a whole chicken, and had pulled recipes from the web.

So I called the WM on the other side of town and they had no clue what I was talking about. Come on people! It was just in your paper!

So today, I stopped at that other WM to pickup the Cupcake Moscato I saw advertised this week - and as I'm walking - behold! My upright chicken roaster!

I was thrilled. Finally. Yes! I had failed to make it to the website to order it as the associate at my WM suggested. Buying online loses the satisfaction for me. Plus - I'm a cash girl (more on that later).

So - my next stop was Trader Joes because I already had a new oatmeal recipe on my list for the weekend. I quickly googled some of the recipes I had previously found while sitting in the parking lot. It is then that I remembered this hilarious post that reminded me not everything has to be so measured. So I picked up some potatoes, carrots, an onion, and yes, I bought my first whole chicken!

Love how my chicken says "minimally processed". The "grass fed, no preservatives" was double the price! We'll just have to be a little processed.

Here are my vegies -

...and a simple spice rub I made with salt, pepper, and cayenne.


She's all ready to go!


Baked on 350 for about an hour and a half. Isn't she lovely?


This was such a simple meal to cook. I'm all about the one-dish wonders! Simple prep, simple clean-up.

I'm also excited because you can basically feed a whole family of 2 on this one bird for an entire week. I have plans to turn that breast into some chicken salad for Munchkin's lunch and a nice casserole for dinner this week!

Lovin' it.

Disclaimer - This is not a foodie blog. I don't intend for it to be one. I'm just a busy chic trying to make my house a home and laugh at myself while doing it. Thanks for indulging!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...