Inspiration Comes From All Different Places

Since really becoming vested in the direct selling/network marketing profession, I have made it my business to network and support others in the industry who are working to build their dreams.

One of my recent Facebook friends is a Body by Vi representative, and she posted a video that nearly brought me to tears.



This story truly embodies the power of the journey those of us who have chosen that we are going to work this profession full-time with all of our hearts, that success is the only option, and that failure will not touch our lips. It shows how ordinary, or sometimes those who feel they are less than, can turn their lives around with the power of belief and crazy, massive action.

Now some may think, "why would she post a video about someone's crazy success with another company?". Why not? I celebrate her success and it inspires me. While celebrating her I use it to hopefully inspire others. You see - she is with the right company for her. I truly believe I am with the best company - for me. I would never put down another company, because somehow, someway, we were all led to where we were supposed to be.

I encourage you that if you've ever considered starting your own business, or if you are just trying to figure out how you will pay for gas this month, buy groceries, or earn a little extra spending money for "me" time, I hope that you will make the decision and follow your heart. Once you make the decision, commit to act, in a big way, and don't stop until you get what you want. Of course, I hope if you are considering joining direct selling company that you will seriously consider joining my team.

So just as I've been saying over the past few days that I needed to write this post, something else came up on Facebook that totally inspired me.


The Network Marketing Pro posted this photo on Facebook that immediately caught my attention. Here's what the caption read:

Madame C.J. Walker was the 1st African American Millionaire made through the Direct Sales Industry! "I am a woman who came from the cotton fields of the South. From there I was promoted to the washtub. From there I was promoted to the cook kitchen. And from there I promoted myself into the business of manufacturing hair goods and preparations....I have built my own factory on my own ground."

Madam Walker,
National Negro Business League Convention,
July 1912

The racial codes of the day prevented product distribution via normal outlets like drug stores, so Madam CJ Walker was forced to go around this issue by building a direct sales distribution network which required her to build a sales force of several thousand agents to sell her products. (Original members of her Direct Sales Distribution Network on the pic below which in time grew to a Million Dollar Empire)
Talk about an inspiration. Madame C.J. Walker HAD to make it happen. The biggest obstacle in taking my business to the next level is, you guessed it, me. I love that when others would only promote her to where they wanted her to be, she promoted herself to where she wanted to be. She faced obstacles that I could never even imagine facing. She overcame setbacks that would probably never present themselves to me. Thank you Madame C.J. Walker. Your determination, through the sweat and tears, has inspired me to stop taking the easy route.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...