24 January 2012

Tuesday's Thoughts

Today has been a great day! Besides my uh oh of scheduling an important meeting at a drive-thru only Starbucks - today has been fulfilling.

I worked. I planned. I took Munchkin to soccer. Got his hair cut. Held a leadership development call with some of my favorite Scentsy gals. I spent qt with Munchkin. We ate, we laughed. He went to bed. Then - it came time to write. There are so many things I wanted to write about tonight I couldn't decide which would make it in today's post - so I decided to just begin writing & to stop when my spirit says stop.

Something I saw this morning on Twitter stuck with me all day. A retweet on twitter by the @ramseyshow caught my attention, pulled at my heart & made me a little bit envious. The tweet said "Thanks @ramseyshow! WE'RE DEBT FREEEEEEEEEE!!! with this photo attached:

...and I thought "Wow, how amazing it must feel to have that feeling". So after thinking about this all day - when I left work I went to Wal-Mart to find Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover book. This particular Wal-Mart's book section was a mess. So I went to Bookworks. They haven't carried it for years. They offered to order it for me - but this tweet stayed in my head. I wanted the book now. After getting Munchkin from school, I went to B&N and picked up a copy. I prayed - "Lord, whatever tool in this book you used to help set others free - please set me free".

I couldn't wait to begin reading. I read the entire time Munchkin was in soccer (except for him running into the glass). I was eager to learn more about the principles in this book. To figure out what people were doing to be able to proclaim "I'm debt free" including their mortgage. What is the secret?

It didn't take long to realize - the person I have to look to for answers is not far away.

I'm scared. I'm excited. I know it is time.

I was at Scentsy Leadership Retreat a few weeks ago and one of Dave's partners - Chris LoCorto - taught about the very principles in the Total Money Makeover. Through Scentsy - I had experienced one of these powerful live events so many talk about. It is no coincidence I saw that tweet today that nearly moved me to tears. It's my time.

One of the things that really stuck with me from Chris' presentation was the idea of getting Gazelle Intense about eliminating debt in your life. The passion and fervor that he delivered this totally grabbed my attention. It comes from Proverbs 6:5 -

Free yourself, like a gazelle from the hand of the hunter
The description he gave is that a lion is faster than the gazelle when running straight ahead - so the Gazelle knows it must run to and from, back and forth, to beat the lion. It is with that intensity that we must run the race to become debt free.
Here are some of the lessons we learned from Chris' training in Riviera Maya -




I feel like blowing these up and hanging them all around my house as reminders. And of course the mantra for this journey "live like others won't so you can live like others can't".

Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...